It is still sustainable seafood month! You can celebrate with this Spiny Lobster Bisque recipe. Spiny lobster caught from U.S. waters is Sea•thos approved as a sustainable seafood choice!
-1/2 lb. Spiny lobster
-4 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
-1 clove garlic, minced
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-2 cup milk
-3 cup cream
-1/2 cup tomato puree
-tbsp. dry cooking sherry
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tbsp. minced fresh dill
-1/4 tsp. pepper
-hot pepper sauce to taste
- Boil or steam spiny lobster.
- - Let the lobster cool and then cut into tiny bite size pieces.
- - Melt butter in large saucepan.
- - Stir in green onions and garlic and saute until onions are clear.
- - Blend in flour.
- - Cook, stirring constantly to blend flour and butter.
- - Slowly add milk and cream, stirring until thickened.
- - Add lobster, tomato puree, sherry, salt, dill weed and pepper.
- - Simmer covered for 15 minutes.